During 2009-2010 (measuring period June 2009 - June 2010) 206.400 supplementary jobs have been created in Belgium by growing companies and starting employers. During this period 173.100 jobs were lost by shrinking companies and because of closing-downs. On balance the level of employment has been characterized by a modest net growth rate of 1%, i.e. +33.200 jobs. The labour market has in that way recovered fom the crisis of the years 2008-2009.
Until recently there did not exist in Belgium any structured and reliable figures concerning these dynamics. The National Social Security Office participates in DynaM, an innovatory project which charts the turbulence on the Belgian labour market.
DynaM publishes online figures and their interpretation on the site www.dynam-belgium.org.
The NSSO provides the data and has developed together with the HIVA-K.U.Leuven reliable statistics. HIVA offers scientific support and monitors the international comparability of the figures. Federgon, the sector federation of HR service providers, supports the reasearch activities of HIVA with the Federgon Chair ‘Dynamics of the labour market’.
- 2014-07-03 A continuing recovery of the labour market in the year 2014
- 2014-04-18 Presence registration: a survey of the rules
- 2014-03-31 Labour market at the end of 2013: A mild winter or a beginning spring?
- 2013-12-10 Do you know Dimona Mobile?
- 2013-11-08 Règles pour les cotisations dans l’horeca: qu’est-ce qui change?
- 2013-10-28 The National Social Security Office (NSSO) gives the starting shot for the new way of working
- 2012-10-12 Towards a shrinking labour market
- 2012-05-23 The NSSO obtains a good score following the satisfaction survey 2011 for external clients.
- 2012-04-06 Limited slowing down of the growth noticeable on the labour market